10 ways to market your business apart from social media
You’re probably spending hours on social media and not getting the return on your investment. Yes it’s free (unless you pay to advertise), yes it’s an excellent way to market your business, but there are other ways to market that you may well be forgetting. Your marketing shouldn’t all be about social media!
Here are just 10 examples or ideas to market and promote your business:
1. Reconnect with past clients – Check in on them and see if they need any further services you can provide. Reconnect and re-engage.
2. Ask for referrals – Reach out to friends, family, acquaintances, and business associates letting them know about your business and how you can help. Don’t be afraid to ask them for referrals.
3. Attend a meetup or networking event – Networking is a gold mine opportunity. Find new business groups, or business events you can attend and network with others, you don’t even have to leave your house these days with virtual events, so there is no excuse.
4. Email your subscriber list – If you have one, communicate with your loyal fan base. They have already subscribed to your list so you are halfway there! Need help getting started with email list building? This post will explain why email marketing makes sense.
5. Write a guest post on another business’s website – This will help you get in front of a brand new audience! Choose another website or blogger that has a similar target audience as you.
6. Guest on a business podcast or radio show – Contact business podcasts and radio shows and offer to speak and share your expertise. I recently featured on The Business Diaries podcast show – not only was it a fun experience I gained some great exposure.
7. Sponsor an event – Find a way to give back to your community and either make a donation or contribute your services to an organisation in exchange for a business shout out or promotion.
8. Offer an affiliate program – Sign up former customers or strategic partners as affiliates to sell your products or services. They’ll promote your business on your behalf.
9. Interview others – Seek out industry influencers and interview them, or interview your own clients! Then ask them to share your interview with their network and help spread the word about your business. Here’s an interview I did with my client Emma Goodman.
10. Offer some free training – video yourself demonstrating your expertise and share it via YouTube or another video platform. Don’t give too much away for free, just enough to be helpful and demonstrate your value.
These are just some ideas to get you going, if you’d like more then reach out and get in touch on 07399 618527 or email email@example.com